Adaline Emily was born today September 2, 2009 at 4:15 in the afternoon. She was delivered with ease and no complications. Her birthmother did everything the doctor asked and she was only in pain until the meds kicked in. Addie weighed in at 7 pounds 1 ounce, so we put her in the light weights and is 19.5 inches long. For being a week late, Addie is perfect!
Cal and I are so grateful for the wonderful gifts that our Heavenly Father blesses us with, especially Adaline. It may seem like it has taken us a long time to add to our family, but we wouldn't have it any other way. She was worth the wait! 
Our thoughts and prayers still go out to our Birthmother Amber and her family as they still have a tough decision ahead of them later this week, when they sign over their rights to us. I always thought I could comprehend what it would be like to be able to place a baby if it wasn't planned. But when that time comes and you hold that little one in your arms, its a whole different ball game.
Cal did a great job taking care of everyone and making sure all needs were met. I was glad to see that he was taking notes while the nurse was changing her and wrapping her like a burrito.
And just like Cal does, he makes people laugh and forget for just a moment the circumstances they are in.
Cal did a great job taking care of everyone and making sure all needs were met. I was glad to see that he was taking notes while the nurse was changing her and wrapping her like a burrito.
And just like Cal does, he makes people laugh and forget for just a moment the circumstances they are in.Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. This is a testament that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers.
Gena & Cal
10 comments:
congrats! She is so beautiful! Amber did great! What a blessing Addie is.
She's beautiful! She looks a lot like you Gina! I'm glad all went well and that baby and mamma(s) are all doing fine! You guys are amazing! Can't wait to see more updates!
How adorable. I am so happy for you.
Congrats!!! I love the name! Welcome to parent hood, hopefully all goes well with the birth mother and you get to bring her home soon.
Can't wait to see the title of the blog change. Congrats you guys. Shan and I are soooo happy.
congratulations! She is so beautiful! Parenthood is such a blessing (hard work, don't get me wrong). You guys will do awesome! Hope to see you all soon!
She is beautiful! I am so excited for you guys. You will be in our prayers this week. Can't wait to see more pictures.
Cal, I'm so sorry I didn't get to see you while I was visiting. I can't tell you how happy I am for your new arrival though! I love the name and I agree with Meghan that she looks like Gena. Good luck being parents I know you'll love it and for sure you'll love having a girl - I know I love mine!
ok gena, it's been over a day since I've talked to you, and I know adeline is probably just sleeping all day.....so where's the pictures?!?!?!?? JK. Can't wait to see more and thanks for sending me those pictures of your bead board craft!!!
That is awesome. Congrats. Keep us updated when you get adjusted.
Post a Comment